Veterinary Investigation Centre
BVSc (Hons)(Sri Lanka)
MSc (Sri Lanka),PGDBM (Sri Lanka)
|Dr. WMP Bandara||Veterinary Surgeon|
BVSc. (Sri Lanka)
|Dr. JKH Ubeyratne||Veterinary Surgeon|
BVSc. (Sri Lanka), MVPH. (Germany/Thailand),MSc.(Sri Lanka)
|Dr. KHDT Kasagala||Veterinary Surgeon|
BVSc. (Sri Lanka),MSc.(Sri Lanka),PhD (CIFE-India)
|Dr. N Munasinghe ||Veterinary Surgeon|
BVSc. (Sri Lanka),M.Phil (Sri Lanka)
|Mrs. S.K. Gunathilake||Research Assistant|
|Mrs. UPA Ariyadasa||Research Assistant|
|Ms. CTD Ambepitiya||Research Assistant|
This division of the VRI serves as the central reference laboratory for the regional Veterinary Investigation Centers (VICs). The main services provided by this division are listed below.
- Field and laboratory investigation on livestock, poultry and fish diseases
- Confirmation of livestock , poultry and fish notifiable diseases
- Special laboratory investigations and diagnosis of avian influenza in poultry and other birds
- Animal disease surveillance
- .Microbiological Testing for import and export quarantine samples of Feed (livestock , poultry and fish) ,Feed ingredients (Fish meal, Meat & bone meal) ,Animals(Chicks, Ornamental Fish),Animal products (Whole egg, egg albumen)
- Microbiological Testing of samples of animal origin for statutory purposes.
- Preparation of C.M.T. reagent, udder infusion base, teat dipping solution, magnesium chloride,solution,and Leugole's iodine solution for field use.
- Technical advisories for stake holders.
- Laboratory training for VSs, VIOs & RAs.
Health certification facility for Import and Export of live animals and animal origin products established at CVIC / VRI
Health certification for Fish diseases
Foodborne pathogen diagnosis
- Spring viraemia of carp
- Viral heamorrhgic septicemia
- Koi herpservius disease
- Epizootic heamatopoietic necrosis
- Aeromonas salmonicida spp
- Escherihia coli O157H7 and Non O157H7
- Salmonella spp
- Listeria spp
- Coliform bacteria and E-coli
- Staphylococcus aureus