Pasture & Fodder Crops
Veterinary Research Officer
BVSc. (Sri Lanka), MSc. (Sri Lanka), PhD (UK)
|Dr. WMPB Weerasinghe|
|Dr M.W.D.C Weerathunga||Veterinary Research Officer |
BVSc. (Sri Lanka), MSc in Medical Microbiology (Sri Lanka),
|Ms. UWGDN Udagama ||Research Assistant |
Dip. in Animal Hasbandry - Sri Lanka
|Mrs. MLAC Inoka ||Field Assistant |
The main service functions of the division are listed below
01. Laboratory Analysis.
- Soil analysis for pH, salinity, EC, organic matter, texture and major plant nutrients.
- Mineral analysis of plants and soil.
- Water analysis for pH, Hardness, TDS, ES, salinity and nutrients.
- Forage seed analysis for purity, germination and viability.
02. Forage specimens and germplasms.
- Issue of forage specimens and germplasms for educational and research purpose.
03. Forage species and variety demonstrations.
- 1. Demonstrations and training on establishments of forage varieties.
04.Farmer advisory functions.
- Provision of technical guidance for forage establishment and management.
- Demonstration of hay and silage production and quality analysis of silage.
- In-vitro gas production system for quality analysis of ruminant feeds and forages, mineral analysis facility.