Animal Breeding and Reproductive Physiology
|Head of the Division|
Veterinary Research Officer
B.V.Sc. (Sri Lanka), MSc (Sri Lanka),
|Dr. (Mrs.) MWCD Palliyaguru |
|Dr G.A.Gunawardhana||Veterinary Research Officer BVSc. (Sri Lanka),PhD (Australia)|
|Ms R.M.S. Malkanthi||Veterinary Research Assistant|
Services of the Division:
1 Technical Services:
- Herd fertility management in large and small herds.
- Livestock farm planning and management.
- Investigation into problems associates with production of livestock.
2. Techniques developed and used for services
- Identification of meat samples and animal products using PCR technique.
3. Training of Trainers
- . Training of officers and middle level technicians, farmers and other entrepreneurs on fertility management and manipulation of reproduction.
- Undergraduates/postgraduates teaching and supervision of studies, programs on Animal Breeding and genetics
- Resource persons in human resource development programs of the other stake holders